Masks Required at all Bank Locations Effective 8/13
In accordance with Oregon’s new statewide face mask mandate, Oregon Pacific Bank will start requiring face masks to be worn in all indoor public places, regardless of vaccination status effective Friday, August 13th.
We understand our employees, clients, and community members are tired of health and safety restrictions. Nevertheless, we ask for your cooperation as we all do our part to help combat the spread of the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus.
Oregon Pacific Bank’s policy on mask requirements are as follows, starting Aug. 13:
- Masks are required at all times for Bank employees, clients, vendors, or visitors to all Bank locations.
- This applies to the following locations: both public and private workplaces, including hallways, bathrooms, elevators, lobbies, break rooms, meeting/conference rooms, and other common/shared spaces (including backroom support departments).
- It is not recommended that individuals wear a face shield instead of a mask or face covering. Use of a face shield alone should be done on a very limited basis, and only if:
- An individual has a medical condition that would prevent them from wearing a mask, or
- An employee needs to interact with a hearing-impaired client. After the interaction is complete, the employee would need to replace their face shield with a mask.
We understand the inconvenience and frustration caused by this new restriction, and we ask for your patience and collaboration moving forward. As we all work together to continue to weather this public health crisis, remember to lead with kindness, empathy, and understanding for one another.