Online Banking Update – April 20th
We are excited to announce a new update for Online Banking!
The update will take place on Tuesday, April 20th. We do not anticipate any interruption of service to our clients.
What changes are being made?
This update will enhance user security with improved device identification for login, which will provide enhanced protection against account fraud.
There will also be a variety of minor navigational changes to improve the overall user experience. While most of the updates take place behind the scenes, users can expect minor visual changes to some of the buttons and controls within Online Banking to make navigation easier.
How will the update impact clients?
As a result of the security upgrade, all users will be asked to submit a verification code (received via text message, email contact method, or generated by Google Authenticator) when first logging in after our update on April 20th.
When a user submits the correct code, our new system will record a device ID specific to the user and the device they are on. If the device ID does not match our records on each subsequent login attempt, users will be asked to submit a verification code.
Some instances that could require an increased need for verification challenges:
- Users logging in using multiple IDs from the same device
- Users with different accounts sharing the same device
- Users who clear browser cookies or automatically delete cookies when the web browser closes
*We recommend checking the Security Contact you have set up prior to our April 20th upgrade to ensure you do not need to make any changes.
- From the sidebar menu, access Preferences > Change Security Contact.
- Once you are on the Contact/Authorization Method screen, select New.
For a visual walkthrough, please see our Update Security Contact Method guide >
What exactly are the navigational/visual changes?
Changes to user interface layout and navigation are minor, and for the most part, will revolve around making controls (such as ‘Save’ buttons) easier to find and overall navigation more intuitive.
Below are a few screenshots displaying some of the changes users can expect:
With our new Online Banking Upgrade, here are the minimum supported versions of the browser and operating system that you will need to run Online Banking:
After our upgrade to Online Banking is complete, we are excited to announce that an update to our Mobile Banking app will soon follow.
The Mobile Banking app update will be a responsive redesign that functions just like Online Banking to make navigation seamless. Here are some of the additional changes you can look forward to:
- Responsive design to have the appearance and formatting of the browser version of Online Banking
- Navigation changes including quick navigation and context navigation
- Enhanced account viewing options
- Total Available and/or Current Balance added to the Account Summary
- Loan payments will have all the same payment options that Online Banking offers
- Negative account balances will display in red
- Debit transactions will display in red
- Credit transactions will display in green
- Ability to set up and verify external transfers
- Ability to submit forms
- Ability to create and modify secondary users
If you have any questions about our upcoming Online Banking update on April 20th, please don’t hesitate to reach out and contact us!