Online Banking FAQ
First-time login walkthrough
How do I view my statements online? (E-Statement Guide)
- From the Online Banking homepage or any of the account screens, click on “View Statements” on the right-hand side of the screen, listed under the “Account Summary Options” section.
- Follow the instructions for registration (if you have not already registered) and PDF document verification.
- To get the PDF verification code, you will need to click the link that says “Click here to open PDF Document and enter the Statement Code in the textbox below“
- Statements prior to May 2017 will not be available to view within your Online Banking account. Please contact us and we will mail or email your requested statements to you.
- For a more detailed walkthrough of e-statement registration, click here.
Why am I being asked to accept cookies when I login to Online Banking?
- When you initially accept cookies upon logging in, the device you login in on will be recognized upon your next Online Banking visit. If you login from a different device in the future, you will be asked to input a verification code for increased security.
- You will also need to accept cookies in order for our Online Bill Pay system to work securely.
Should I register my email account?
- We highly encourage all Online Banking users to register their email accounts upon initial login.
- Email registration within Online Banking will allow you to enroll in e-statements, enable security alerts, and re-set your password if you forget it.
What should I do if I forgot my password?
- You will be locked out of your account if you exceed the number of allotted login attempts.
- If you forgot your password, click on the “Forgot password?” link below the initial login box and follow the instructions to reset your password.
- If you have not registered an email address within Online Banking, you will not be able to reset your own password and you will need to contact Oregon Pacific Bank for a temporary password. (800) 997-7121.
How do I set up an external transfer?
- Please refer to our External Transfer guide.