Proudly Celebrating Community Bank Week
As one of 16 community banks locally headquartered here in Oregon, we are proud to celebrate Community Bank Week!
Community Bank Week in Oregon, taking place October 21-25, 2019, is an official celebration proclaimed by Oregon’s Governor in support of the essential role Oregon’s community banks play in supporting local economies. Community Bank Week was founded in 2014 by the Community Banks of Oregon.
Our clients and community members are invited to stop by our local banking branches in Coos Bay, Eugene, Florence, and Roseburg to celebrate with us! Each of our markets is celebrating just a little bit differently, with goodies, games, and activities for clients. Stop by, and visit with your local bankers to learn more and help us celebrate!
Fun facts about community banking, provided by the Oregon Banker’s Association:
Service & Relationships
- Oregon is home to 16 community banks headquartered in our state.
- There are 370 community bank branch locations serving Oregon’s rural, suburban and urban marketplaces.
- Oregon’s community bank’s safeguard $21 billion in customer deposits.
- Oregon’s community banks provide competitive wages and benefits to over 5,400 employees.
- Community banks offer local and personal service.
- Community banks make decisions locally, tailored to fit the needs of their customers.
- Community banks are relationship lenders that thrive when their customers and communities do the same.
- Community banks are involved with and understand their small business customers, helping them understand local challenges and growth opportunities.
- Oregon’s community banks play an essential role in supporting local economies. They help build the communities they also call home.
- Community banks help Oregon families achieve financial stability.
- Community banks drive small business lending in their communities, which creates jobs and keeps Oregon economically healthy and vibrant.
- Over 50% of small business loans under $1 million that are made by banks are actually provided by community banks. In Oregon, community banks make $5.9 billion in small business loans each year.
- 82% of all agricultural loans made by U.S. banks are provided by community banks. In Oregon, community banks make $400 million in agriculture-related loans per year
- Each year, Oregon’s community banks extend over $6 billion in total credit.
- Oregon’s community banks help make the American dream of home-ownership a reality for thousands of Oregon families each year.
- Oregon’s community banks contribute over $4.9 million per year to various community and charitable organizations in our state.
- Oregon’s community bankers dedicate more than 64,000 volunteer hours each year.
- Oregon’s community banks are committed to the financial futures of Oregonians. Many bankers provide financial education in their communities.
- Oregon’s community bankers are committed to protecting our state’s most vulnerable citizens. Bankers in Oregon are trained to detect and report suspected elder financial exploitation and are the largest group to voluntarily report substantiated allegations of financial abuse in the state of Oregon.
Oregon Pacific Bank couldn’t be prouder to be counted among Oregon’s community banks! Thank you to our local communities, for allowing us to be a partner in your success.